Locked Development roadmap for July, 2022, + addressing my absence

Sandstorm

• Founder

Greetings Velheimers!

Here's a July Roadmap detailing some updates that I'm mostly planning to roll out by (hopefully) the end of July, or possibly into August as well. I'll keep this nice and short, straight to the point!

GUI Updates

There are too many GUI's (interfaces for short) in the game that have been left "unattended" and neglected, so I want to get working on bringing most, if not all GUIs up-to-date (think, Teleport menu redesign). Why interfaces you might ask? They're the base core of any game, poorly designed, choppy interfaces can quickly make any player leave instantly, who likes looking at and trying to navigate through weird interfaces, right? With this I'll also be looking at how the code was done for each and every one of them and how I can improve it to make them function smoother (using Jagex's script system)! This is a huge project, but I'm positive it will get great feedback for new and current players alike.

Game Launcher

The installer version of Velheim, and the JAR version of Velheim, are both currently not up to my standard, with this I plan on creating a launcher that loads after execution, and before the game loads - with this you'll be able to change game config, reset cache, check versions, enable/disable specific settings, enable enhanced draw-distance, and even better performance at the cost of visuals - all with a "Play" button to launch. This will allow ease of access to technical changes/configuration for the client with simple buttons.

Bugs

The bugs that have been reported, have been recently determined by importance on what is most impactful - at this time I would like to get all bugs fixed as soon as possible rather than letting some sit around for longer than I would like.

In-game general changes

Over the past year, the economy of the server has seen many, MANY twists and turns - from what I've seen, some changes are needed. I'll be reaching out to those in the community that I deem to be people who's opinions I can take into STRONG consideration for the future of this server's stability. This is a private server and should be of an ease of access to players of all types, I guess I just got lost at some point of the road. 

Website

I'll also be looking into a new website design. Our current one has been around for a while now, and I think it's about time that the website gets the overhaul it truly deserves. The homepage is what people see of the server for their first time, thus, it must be simple to navigate and well designed to keep a potential players attention just that much longer!

Other/Personal

Over the past few months I've had a struggle in communicating with not only the player-base, but everybody in general. POF, and other updates put a toll on my drive to code in these recent months which left me in a tough spot. Real life is never kind to anyone, I've been dealing with Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression, and plenty more and I'm getting back on my feet but it still might take a while before I'm back in peak condition again. So bare with me while I get back on track, I'm sorry if I disappointed you and I'm sorry of how poorly managed Velheim was during these past few months of my absence.

Sincerely,

@Sandstorm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 11
  • Love 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

5 minutes ago, Iron Tyrone said:

Looking forward to literally everything.

I was gonna say that

+1

Especially this part; for Sandstorm, myself and, honestly, probably 99% of the server!

Real life is never kind to anyone, I've been dealing with Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression, and plenty more and I'm getting back on my feet but it still might take a while before I'm back in peak condition again

Take care of yourselves... you probably deserve it.

• Like 1

These are really exciting updates! Thank you for all of the care that you put into the server, it is already apparent to a new player like myself. It is also apparent that you have a great community of people that care about you, so please rest easy!

• Like 1

Thank you for the update. We are definitely looking forward to the upcoming changes and updates. You've done such a great job by your self. From 9 players to 90+ I have seen this server grow! I cant wait to see 150+

• Like 1

• Sandstorm unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic