Item Burning proposal/suggestion

Sandstorm

• Founder

Hey,

So I was brainstorming about the idea of burning items on the Well of Good Will that got proposed on our Discord in the Economy-Discussion channel and even though the idea is solid there's not much motivation for players to actually do that. We'd want people to actually have the NEED to get rid of their excess items, or, buy other player obtained items to progress their account above everyone elses, so, here is the notepad of my own personal ideas & thoughts I came up with for the solution I could implement.

iSfqM6.png

The ideas are rough and spitballed, so, if anyone has any other inputs or changes or proposals - please feel free to leave them in the comments here.

Making custom exclusive tickets un-trade-able would also boost the need of players to buy all NPC dropped exclusive items to sacrifice them in exchange for points, or, buy other player obtained tickets to obtain something from the shop themselves whilst simultaneously giving the player selling those tickets more cash, AKA additional money makers!

Let me know what you think so we can come up with some great Economy cleaning solutions!

• Like 5
  • +1 1
  • Upvote 4
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

• Administrator

My only input would be that perhaps that the tokens could be available in both untradeable, and tradeable versions, with the latter being more expensive.
I also honestly think the Attack Speed Increase would be a bit too busted - even if just by 1 tick for example, perhaps something like a small % damage reduction could be more appropriate (live longer = deal more damage?).

Edit: Aura Refreshes would also be a good add to this list.

also cosmetics pls i love fashion

• Like 4
  • +1 1
  • Upvote 1

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

Individual proposed tokens feedback:

Pet chance increase: All good. Great way to huff more copium on pets you're dry for and seems like a harmless, good buff.

General/Rare table increase: I struggle with this one. Having a way to get more drops when the idea of the item burning system is to decrease the amount of items circulating in the economy seems counterproductive. Of course, it comes down to how much of an increase it'd actually give and how much you need to burn to get one of these tickets. If it's relatively accessible, it's a good way for mid-level players to get an increased chance of end-game drops and therefore accumulate more wealth. If it's expensive because of how strong it is, then it only benefits the already rich high-level players. Seems like the hardest one to balance and the most important one to get right.

Legendary Pet Unlocks: Great. Leg pets need an alternate way of accessing them, so I'm all for this. If this doesn't get implemented like currently proposed, I'd love for them to be accessible through a ton of Loyalty Points in the future.

Cosmetics: Awesome. Stuff that doesn't re-enter the econ or increase player power/QoL while being fun to collect would be my primary reason to burn items. 

Exp boosters: Sure. Especially if tradeable this could be a great way for mains to level up their classic alts and whatnot. Excellent idea

Action speed increases: I'd prefer if these were permanent unlocks for a large amount of points, with a tradeable ''codex'' version available for an even larger amount akin to how we currently unlock curses and whatnot. Permanent gem cutting increase, protean speed, potion mixing etc would be lovely to unlock. Having said that, I like the idea nonetheless.

Item charge/drain reduction: Depends a bit on how strong it is. It's a nice buff that I'd certainly use, but if it devalues a skilling moneymaker by making divine charges less valuable that might feel bad for those that grind incand energies.

Attack speed increase: I would prefer not seeing something like that. This might be the elitist in me speaking as me and my clan have seen all the content and blah blah blah, but here's a few reasons I can think of why this would be a bit iffy:

- It'd make boss speed highscores less competitive

- If combined with a drop rate increase ticket, it'd significantly increase kills and therefore gp/hour from easily farmable bosses which is great until their drops get devalued as a result when lots of players do this

- Would remove challenge from harder bosses if you can skip certain mechanics or even phases as a result of the increased DPS output.

I like that you're embracing the idea of an item burn system, hope it's gonna get implemented in a fair and balanced way!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

Think is a good implementation. The only thing I have my concerns about is that attack speed increase. Imo that's really not necessary, specialy as a feature of a few minutes inside a shop. The others things are really good!

Btw, Im with Tyrone on the ideia of having untradeable and tradeable versions of the tokens for differents prices, like the blueprint's in arch. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

These are good. The meta will change to not pvm or skill without a lot of these consumables on hand. Meaning items will be burned consistently through the well. Hopefully these rate increases are items (like a scroll) that are stackable.

You can add 2 more that are semi expensive :) :

1 hour  of donator zone access

1 hour of ddz access.

11 hours ago, Twenty Weeks said:

Individual proposed tokens feedback:

Pet chance increase: All good. Great way to huff more copium on pets you're dry for and seems like a harmless, good buff.

General/Rare table increase: I struggle with this one. Having a way to get more drops when the idea of the item burning system is to decrease the amount of items circulating in the economy seems counterproductive. Of course, it comes down to how much of an increase it'd actually give and how much you need to burn to get one of these tickets. If it's relatively accessible, it's a good way for mid-level players to get an increased chance of end-game drops and therefore accumulate more wealth. If it's expensive because of how strong it is, then it only benefits the already rich high-level players. Seems like the hardest one to balance and the most important one to get right.

Legendary Pet Unlocks: Great. Leg pets need an alternate way of accessing them, so I'm all for this. If this doesn't get implemented like currently proposed, I'd love for them to be accessible through a ton of Loyalty Points in the future.

Cosmetics: Awesome. Stuff that doesn't re-enter the econ or increase player power/QoL while being fun to collect would be my primary reason to burn items. 

Exp boosters: Sure. Especially if tradeable this could be a great way for mains to level up their classic alts and whatnot. Excellent idea

Action speed increases: I'd prefer if these were permanent unlocks for a large amount of points, with a tradeable ''codex'' version available for an even larger amount akin to how we currently unlock curses and whatnot. Permanent gem cutting increase, protean speed, potion mixing etc would be lovely to unlock. Having said that, I like the idea nonetheless.

Item charge/drain reduction: Depends a bit on how strong it is. It's a nice buff that I'd certainly use, but if it devalues a skilling moneymaker by making divine charges less valuable that might feel bad for those that grind incand energies.

Attack speed increase: I would prefer not seeing something like that. This might be the elitist in me speaking as me and my clan have seen all the content and blah blah blah, but here's a few reasons I can think of why this would be a bit iffy:

- It'd make boss speed highscores less competitive

- If combined with a drop rate increase ticket, it'd significantly increase kills and therefore gp/hour from easily farmable bosses which is great until their drops get devalued as a result when lots of players do this

- Would remove challenge from harder bosses if you can skip certain mechanics or even phases as a result of the increased DPS output.

I like that you're embracing the idea of an item burn system, hope it's gonna get implemented in a fair and balanced way!

I am agreeing with everything Twenty Weeks mentioned in his post.

- General/Rare table increase: Adding tickets to get rare items out of the game and then giving a way to increase the amount of rare items gathered seems like a weird trade off.

- Attack speed increase: Honestly, as far as I've noticed how the combat system works on Velheim I will also have to agree with Twenty Weeks. You are making a huge decision between 2h weapons which deal double damage or Main-hand and OH for more speed. Making them both even faster would decrease the amount of skill required to PVM and will make the highscores for bosses less competitive like Twenty Weeks mentioned.

Other then that it sounds like a great idea to even out the economy and to make the market more active for rares that were rarely traded between players!

• Like 1