Locked Game mechanic changes - POLL

Sandstorm

Your choices will help shape Velheim's future!  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should protection prayers only protect 50% like on RuneScape?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't care.
  2. 2. Nerf 2-handed weapon second hit damage, or, buff off-hand weapon damage to be in-par with 2-handed weapons? (Bare in mind PvM is already super easy, and 2-handed weapon double hitting is a custom mechanic)

• Nerf 2-handed weapon second hit.
    • Buff off-hand weapon damage.
    • It's good as it is now, don't change.
    • Don't care.
  3. 3. Remove the Normal game-mode option for new accounts (existing accounts will remain as is) and make Novice mode the default one? Progression is WAY too fast on regular mode, players basically skipping all content in between.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't care.
  4. 4. A few Ironman related questions (multiple choices allowed).

• Make bonds be able to be bought from the Grand Exchange?
    • Using items on other player (ie. bonds, tokens, etc.) be only allowed by another Ironman (ie. can only use bond on an ironman if you're an ironman)?
    • Grouping only allowed between ironmen (ie. only an ironman can join an ironman's Elite Dungeon)?
    • Don't care about ironmen.
  5. 5. Teaser question!

• 120 Farming and 120 Herblore skill caps + all the content that comes with it?
    • Slayer re-work and Soul Reaper re-work (including rewards)?
    • Both, please?
    • Don't care.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2021 at 08:51 PM

Always a +1 for things to function as intended (or as near as possible). 

50% of damage taken with protection prayers on condition of ensuring devoted/enhanced devoted work as well as the AOS effect on protect prayers.

Bring 2h dps down to dw -- through whatever method makes their dps competitive with each-other. 

Normal game mode is definitely too fast in my opinion, 50x is plenty.

Ironmen should be allowed to purchase bonds with GP from the grand exchange. There is no reason not to allow it on a purchase only basis. (Again this would reflect an intended function in RS3). No opinion on cosmetic tokens or ED grouping.

Yes please bring the vuln bombs.

meannn.gif.cdf69de9c2c7d6f57de8f822ac2c9565.gif

Question 4, second option.

Doesn't make sense that mains can't use bonds on their ironmen, a very easy way to go around this would just be to claim the bonds on the main, and then do a donation transfer to their ironman, as they would then receive the Velheim coins. As for the tokens, they're all just cosmetics and I don't see a problem with someone trying to make their style better.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Please decrease the drain rate of weapons. Currently, and especially for Ironman, it doesn’t make any sense to augment any weapon especially when you have your armor augmented already due to the 3x increase in drain rate you receive for augmenting a weapon. Please either decrease the weapon drain rate or make it easier to obtain energies/charges.
Cheers the new future. Great work Sand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

77a283cd1d6fed848cb6bdf6c3260862.png

46cb19abcd3bd302bd6a93e0611c4109.png

2. Nerf 2-handed weapon second hit damage, or, buff off-hand weapon damage to be in-par with 2-handed weapons? (Bare in mind PvM is already super easy, and 2-handed weapon double hitting is a custom mechanic)

Can we get an option for both?, 2hs are too strong even w/o factoring in dual wields, but dual wields could also use some love for the future (like ecb eof with ascensions, hint hint, please sand I am begging you for multi eof)

Also "bare in mind PvM is already super easy"

can you override question #1 & just make prot prayers 50%, to make PvM less easy?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I get why some people might want the 50% prayer nerf, however it's good to remember that the only reason that it works in RS3 is that it came along with EoC which brought a slew of extra defensive abilities to compensate for it, which we obviously wont have. Unless there was a way to have it only be in effect for bosses specifically, then I can't really offer my support since I like the way they work currently way too much. It makes "lesser combat" much less of a chore if I can just throw on a protection prayer and AoE away.

Regarding regular account creation, does it really matter? It's the individual's choice whether or not they want to speed through levelling/content to get to the thing that interests them the most. If I was only interested in bossing/PvE, I'd want to get my combat stats maxed as soon as possible since the general levelling curve is so ball achingly grindy that if I was forced to level at a specific lower rate, I'd probably lose interest and quit before I got there. Speaking from experience, I started as a Regular, maxed 200m, prestiged, etc, and realised I would like a more authentic experience, so I rerolled and threw all my perks into a Classic alt. Again, that was my choice to make. I'm sure plenty of others have done similar, if not the same thing. Why is it such a bad thing that people are playing 200x, 200x was one of the lures that got me here so I could experience some of the later game stuff without having to spend weeks grinding.

• Like 2

I originally voted for protection prayers to only work 50%, but after a little thinking, soulsplit is already incredibly powerful. Especially with an amulet of soulsplit. If any prayer should be looked at for a blanket nerf, I'd say it's Soul Split. However, I don't think protection prayers should work 100% at bosses with only one attack style. 

15 hours ago, Sprout said:

What ferret lady said above in regards to question one ^  Although I am also curious as to how many people actually use protection prayers. 

Anyone with an ECB is using protection prayers, I am highly doubtful of anyone else in the game using it, seeing as there's no use, ECB users are the only people I can make a reasonable enough argument for using it. 
The change will only really affect us, which I am okay with seeing as it's a good change & at the very least, will make ECB'ing slightly more thought provoking as opposed to using it whenever you have your adren at 22 / 25% as it's pretty hard to die if you just pay attention to your prot prayers

EDIT: People who afk slayer is something I guess people would use prot prayers on, but as sand doesn't like afking, the 50% will assist in people who just afk at slayer mobs all day 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fulltimewife said:

Anyone with an ECB is using protection prayers, I am highly doubtful of anyone else in the game using it, seeing as there's no use, ECB users are the only people I can make a reasonable enough argument for using it. 
The change will only really affect us, which I am okay with seeing as it's a good change & at the very least, will make ECB'ing slightly more thought provoking as opposed to using it whenever you have your adren at 22 / 25% as it's pretty hard to die if you just pay attention to your prot prayers

EDIT: People who afk slayer is something I guess people would use prot prayers on, but as sand doesn't like afking, the 50% will assist in people who just afk at slayer mobs all day 

I voted yes either way to help (would have just went don't care since I rarely pvm unless I need something C: ), I was just curious as to all the no votes that are stacking up compare to asking those people 'when did you last use protection prayers' t.t looks like those people in-game saying bosses are to easy are yet to come to this thread and vote :/

Another discussion I would like, Caroming on range 1hs and if it's possible magic off-hands I think it'd be neat to have the change for an extra hit with your off-hand and with rebounders also having the ability to negate stuns this might make them something people might want to use over 2h staffs.<- not sure if we have it for magic off-hands, will test eventually and re-edit post if so unless you have already checked this. 

*waits for wifes response*

• Like 1

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png

3 hours ago, Sprout said:

Another discussion I would like, Caroming on range 1hs and if it's possible magic off-hands I think it'd be neat to have the change for an extra hit with your off-hand and with rebounders also having the ability to negate stuns this might make them something people might want to use over 2h staffs.<- not sure if we have it for magic off-hands, will test eventually and re-edit post if so unless you have already checked this. 

First of all, more caroming is bad, we don't want more caroming, we want less caroming, keeping it contained to 2H Bows is fine, but less caroming is good caroming, you think you want it, until you use it on those weapons & realise it's just going to be another nightmare for balance issues

The problem with mage isn't actually the gear, it's just where can it be used to make use of it's purpose, the main places that come to mind is Elite Dungeon 1,2 & 3.
Most Elite Dungeon 1 & 3 Farmers bring Staff AND Dual Wielding, whilst Elite Dungeon 2 farmers will only bring a Staff. Why?
The Staff is strictly better damage, T92 vs T90, T92 Staff will beat it any day, but why the Dual Wielding with Rebounder then, the short answer is "stun immunity" as Elite Dungeon 1 and 3 have an ungodly amount of enemies that can & will chain stun you & 100 - 0 you before you can react, we use the Rebounder prevent this, however, some players such as myself also opt to using a Leg Armour Swap with Reflexes 6, this gives us a 60% chance of avoiding the stun & we can gamble with the staffs higher damage, but the Dual Wield is objectively better (100% vs 60%), as your damage doesn't matter if you can't attack.

When looking at the Bosses encounters in which Mage excels at, Elite Dungeon 1, 2 and 3 come to mind, Mage is just objectively better than Range for AoE, situationally worse than Melee but anyone using my strats / routes well never run into that situation, as the melee is technically better for that section & "strat", but worse for time over-all

Mage is unironically, the most balanced combat style in terms of Dual Wielding & Staff usage, both of them have their use in which they perform perfectly in, the other two styles is a meme.
Melee is situationally balanced but still pretty bad
Range is just, fucked, ECB > SGB > Ascension Crossbows > Noxious Longbow, the current usage for Ascensions is to fish Deathmark procs when a boss has massive damage mitigation (Like Black Stone Dragon phase 4) or Vorago during phase 2 & 4

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kasha said:

Protection prayers as in the level 30-40 ones? Because if they were nerfed, I probably couldn't even kill Bork atm, so think of that too.

Protect from Melee, Range & Mage
Deflect from Melee, Range & Mage

Unless Deflect has the 50%, but Protect has 100%? 

• Love 1

"Using items on other player (ie. bonds, tokens, etc.) be only allowed by another Ironman (ie. can only use bond on an ironman if you're an ironman)?"

If this means if an Ironman wants a rainbow bow or any of the other token cosmetics

only an ironman can use the token on the Iron that wants it. Then I would disagree with

that part since a lot of peoples main accounts are their Irons and would want to obtain

some of the cosmetics available only through tokens and it's somewhat hard for

Irons to get those as is so Non-Irons should still be allowed to give Ironmen tokens

I feel like.

Once again if that is what the question is stating that's what I would suggest.

2 hours ago, Fulltimewife said:

Protect from Melee, Range & Mage
Deflect from Melee, Range & Mage

Unless Deflect has the 50%, but Protect has 100%? 

If it protects 100% then how come I still need to heal?
I think it's more complex, probably a curve that means at higher tier gears, it seems like 100%.

kashasig.png