Locked Development blog/roadmap for October, 2021

Sandstorm

• Founder

Greetings, Velheimers!

Think it's about time I should start doing these, I don't promise them every month, nor an accurate follow-up when the time comes to develop my ideas into the game, but people have been asking me multiple times and I think it's only fair I respond.

So without further ado, here's what I want to achieve next month!

Death Penalty

Dieing is completely safe to do on Velheim (unless in PvP (apart from Aura's and temp. effects)), which I think removes all the risk factor players have when bossing. Like "it's fine I'll reset and come back" shouldn't be a thing in my opinion.

Safe death's removing ~5%-10% charge of each degrade-able item you have currently equipped of the items maximum charges. An easy example would be if an item has 100,000 charges, on death it would remove 10,000 and leave you with 90,000. Items that are close to breaking/dissapating would instantly break/ash them. This effect being negated by half (so from 5-10 to 2.5-5) after unlocking a reward from the Death's Store (I'll talk about that down below).

I still want auras to deplete on death, so that's still staying. However, aura refreshes WILL be a thing! (again, I'll talk about this down below)

TLDR: Safe death's not penalised enough, degrade-able armour losing charge.

Death's Store

The current interface is just a big image with clickable elements which I added in a hurry back when I didn't have the tools to make proper interfaces (back in 2018), is very lack luster and generally just.. terrible.

I've already made a whole new interface for it (can be seen on Discord #server-teasers channel), pretty much completed just the server-part yet to be done which I'll do later down the line. The new store includes all current RuneScape rewards, including aura refreshes, cosmetics, and detailed descriptions/information for unlocks showing what you need to do to unlock them! Current unlocked rewards will not be affected and will be ticked off as unlocked when the update hits LIVE game so you don't have to worry about that part.

TLDR: new death's store interface to match RuneScape's one, with new rewards and unlocks.

Spoiler

8nAfCLo.gif

Curses, Ancient/Lunar spell-books

There is no unlocking sequence for these additional books on Velheim, you get the level and start using them. Simple as that. However, these books are locked behind a time-gate of levels AND a series of quests on RuneScape which makes them fair to use to players who dedicate time and effort into the game.

These additional books (curses, ancients and lunars) will now be locked behind an unlock that will be purchase-able from the Loyalty Point store. I think it's THE store to put them in, as a time-gate of sorts. I'll also be making them trade-able so there's a good market for those, not quite sure on that one but when the time comes I'll make the decision.

TLDR: Curses, ancient and lunar spell-books will now have to be unlocked via 'codexes'.

120 Herblore & Farming

Not much to say here, but for people who don't know: Jagex made these 2 skills go to base level 120 with new seeds, new herbs and more powerful potions.

I'll first need to sort out the current kinks I have with these 2 skills, they're still remnants of the original 718 Matrix code-wise and aren't the greatest. Have to overhaul everything, and then build up from there. I'm not 100% sure I'll have it ready by the end of October, but I sure as hell want to do it, at least the basics done if I can!

TLDR: 120 Farming/Herblore, new seeds, new potions.

Halloween event

Can't forget about Halloween, which is on the 31st of October. You can expect some great reward hunting a bit before the 31st :)

TLDR: Halloween event soon'ish!

With that, we'll give you a break from reading for today.

~The Staff Team.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Happy Bunny 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

2 hours ago, Sandstorm said:

Death Penalty

Dying is completely safe to do on Velheim (unless in PvP (apart from Aura's and temp. effects)), which I think removes all the risk factor players have when bossing. Like "it's fine I'll reset and come back" shouldn't be a thing in my opinion.

Safe death's removing ~5%-10% charge of each degrade-able item you have currently equipped of the items maximum charges. An easy example would be if an item has 100,000 charges, on death it would remove 10,000 and leave you with 90,000. Items that are close to breaking/dissapating would instantly break/ash them. This effect being negated by half (so from 5-10 to 2.5-5) after unlocking a reward from the Death's Store (I'll talk about that down below).

I still want auras to deplete on death, so that's still staying. However, aura refreshes WILL be a thing! (again, I'll talk about this down below)

I agree with a death penalty, not sure it should be this big to account for game crashes due to memory leaks and timezone lag to account for everyone just to be fair. Especially if we are talking about changing the way we repair items if that becomes a thing. Nonetheless an amazing idea!

2 hours ago, Sandstorm said:

Curses, Ancient/Lunar spell-books

There is no unlocking sequence for these additional books on Velheim, you get the level and start using them. Simple as that. However, these books are locked behind a time-gate of levels AND a series of quests on RuneScape which makes them fair to use to players who dedicate time and effort into the game.

These additional books (curses, ancients and lunars) will now be locked behind an unlock that will be purchase-able from the Loyalty Point store. I think it's THE store to put them in, as a time-gate of sorts. I'll also be making them trade-able so there's a good market for those, not quite sure on that one but when the time comes I'll make the decision.

Wonderful idea, would also remove spell books from people who have them until they buy it. Disagree with tradeable as this would reform loyalty farming to an extent (albeit not to the extent as bonds since it's a one time unlock), but would be better to force players to learn the game and not skip to "end game content." That's just my two cents on that for those who care.

Everything looks good, can't wait for colored EOFs :^)

Spoiler

NubTamp.png.924c7b74dab70e77f2a6ef68e0f2e40b.png

christmasyelp.png.83aaa0b32d0a6c3271b4a33fac56bf43.png

FinishOnEm.png.0130e5eca73e61960820dc7a1be8eeb9.png

sterlington.png.068f23a82617bb30b97e78fa7c33c9ca.png

10hpspices.png.89105ca07e417efe74251ff9f51cd29d.png

SterAtMe.png.21c58956d834372faafbbaf03a74248b.png

ScytheSig.PNG.af04697501f899bcda57120eb72ee605.PNG