Locked Skilling profits

Rn Nick

Hello readers. I'm very concerned about skilling money making. there's literally nothing to profit off of via skilling right now. why? not solely because people don't want to buy things a huge part of the problem is the fact everytime a new skilling profit method becomes known there's always 50 alts rushing to ruin it for everyone. literally. I know there's going to be people who disagree with me but lets be honest, most of y'all in my comments are gonna be one's who literally have 3 clients up. let's take a look:

Divinations went from like 1.4m to 400k

Bakri bolts in legit 2 weeks went from 60k per to 15k

it takes hours to make 50m from mining, AND you get a macro detection captcha legit every 2 ores lmao

the 4th problem? the fourth problem is there's literally no other profitable way to make money via skilling right now lmfao.

Now, with that being said, i know the eco is already fucked. it is. and there's other posts under general discussion regarding the eco but allowing one person with 3-4 clients up to camp out at divinations for example isn't helping at all.

at this point the server legit feels like an ironman only server and it makes me wanna quit, it really does. and it sucks because the server is nice, it's full of shit other RSPS's don't have but this is the reality. the server has a bunch of problems that need to be fixed ASAP if this server wants to grow on. people are gonna come and experience this same shit and they're gonna leave. don't be the cause of the problem. let's not wait until it's too late. let's fix this shit now.

Some other posts similar to mine that IMO haven't gotten enough attention/and or you can say were just brushed off:

• Like 2

10hp loser.png

Honestly I feel like alts aren't the problem, the same problem with every rsps is the whale donors who spend thousands in game to get bis items, and don't bother with buying/selling other items to keep the eco afloat. The 1% of the richest who just camp the end game bosses and keep all of the loot for themselves. Either selling at prices too expensive for us normies to afford or keeping dupes in the bank never to be sold. 

I'm happy making 30m+ per hour mining on my alts, or doing some bossing for 20-50m/hr

• Founder

So what exactly is the point of this post? You're not highlighting any problems that need to be fixed, just bashing on things without backup nor context.

What are your propositions? What would you like to see fixed? There's nothing I can currently go off of from your post..

• Like 3
  • Love 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

20 minutes ago, vancouver said:

Honestly I feel like alts aren't the problem, the same problem with every rsps is the whale donors who spend thousands in game to get bis items, and don't bother with buying/selling other items to keep the eco afloat. The 1% of the richest who just camp the end game bosses and keep all of the loot for themselves. Either selling at prices too expensive for us normies to afford or keeping dupes in the bank never to be sold. 

I'm happy making 30m+ per hour mining on my alts, or doing some bossing for 20-50m/hr

and just in your defense. this just happened like 2 minutes ago

this is legit the reason the eco is fucked.

smfh.png

• Downvote 2

10hp loser.png

7 minutes ago, Sandstorm said:

So what exactly is the point of this post? You're not highlighting any problems that need to be fixed, just bashing on things without backup nor context.

What are your propositions? What would you like to see fixed? There's nothing I can currently go off of from your post..

i respect you for replying ngl. and more respect for suggesting you're willing to listen about this.

Controlled gambling so players can bet 0-100m against TRUSTED hosts who have a specific rank/role or spent 1-2b on the dice bag or whatever gambling method and are trusted players. so if someone tries to bet bank against them they are forced to turn it down, and if a host is corrupt and takes the bet the betting player can simply report it.  (only 2 trusted people)

Higher auto sell prices on GE (this will bring more cash into the eco, but with more cash = more player to player trading)

Weekly events that bring more limited items into the economy (very small amounts so the eco doesnt get fucked, but makes people want to grind)
those are my ideas

now you don't have to listen to everything but there's more things i can name.

• Downvote 7

10hp loser.png

8 minutes ago, Rn Nick said:

i respect you for replying ngl. and more respect for suggesting you're willing to listen about this.

Controlled gambling so players can bet 0-100m against TRUSTED hosts who have a specific rank/role or spent 1-2b on the dice bag or whatever gambling method and are trusted players. so if someone tries to bet bank against them they are forced to turn it down, and if a host is corrupt and takes the bet the betting player can simply report it.  (only 2 trusted people)

Higher auto sell prices on GE (this will bring more cash into the eco, but with more cash = more player to player trading)

Weekly events that bring more limited items into the economy (very small amounts so the eco doesnt get fucked, but makes people want to grind)
those are my ideas

But what does this have to do with your original statement about skilling-eco being fucked up? You think bringing in items/gold from other places is going to fix it? or am i misunderstanding the fact that you start out this topic by bashing money making skilling wise, and turning it into a pro-gambling post instead? I don't understand what you're trying to get to.

• +1 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.ca709eea21805591d1df3616723c0558.png

So let me get this straight, your post is basically saying Skilling is rubbish, lets all just gamble? Because I can tell you now, from basic slayer mobs and slayer boss tasks, and skilling for 200ms to prestige ive made all my wealth. Id have to say stop being lazy, find methods and stop being stupid with the whole gambling thing, because its not going to happen.

You moan about skilling being rubbish money but you flood the market worse then my dragon claws 

b5f12c0e52d8e3c7acbdeedae9cdb2cb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1004319472_nubroof.PNG.2fd3c16624ed13801f42b34b4589cdec.PNG

1419923434_ygggottem.PNG.32defeb68b031a16ef996d9604de5d6b.PNG

657475783_sandstormsiggy.PNG.e10b3ca206691cd81417ce9cd1074670.PNG

natsupoggers.png.dddcf6ef6e130a948fa9856939ba0cf9.png

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rn Nick said:

those are my ideas

So there's going to be a trusted rank that essentially costs 1b+, so in this case only the richer players of the server have it?

Some of the main complaints are that; once people hit the pinnacle of endgame, they stop trading - so your idea is to funnel more GP into these players that supposedly don't trade, removing gold from the economy but also not putting it back in with any other ways.

I'm sorry but this idea is flawed.

could there be some 'non-player hosted- gambling methods' that could be introduced WITH limitations to betting amounts? Sure.

But gambling is still a risky thought to implement because it is so easy for players to go overboard, lose everything and quit.

• Like 2

UIM Dung Storage 1 day pls
LQNtL22.gif

giphy.gif

Ok so I can’t lie nick asked me for suggestions for the eco and I threw the gambling idea at him. My fault. I know it won’t happen.

BUT:

I think having auto sell prices on ge that are decently priced such as divine charges selling for at least 550k, and bakriminel bolts maybe 20k etc (mock prices) can regulate prices from being undercut so hard that they go down over 50% in 2 months (divine charges going from 1m to 400k).

also, I think the alting thing is making it really hard for people to keep up with profit from skilling because you simply can’t be out worked by 2-3 alts. You can match them but, I think it takes a way an aspect of fun of the game. I think the economy would have way more demand for items that are gained from skilling if there wasn’t people camping spots on alts for max profit.

once again, ignore the gambling option. This is mostly about skilling items being undercut in ge a little too much and people being able to use alts to get these items at a rapid pace. I just think the flow of items would be much more consistent if these were a thing.

2 hours ago, 10hp Skills said:

So let me get this straight, your post is basically saying Skilling is rubbish, lets all just gamble? Because I can tell you now, from basic slayer mobs and slayer boss tasks, and skilling for 200ms to prestige ive made all my wealth. Id have to say stop being lazy, find methods and stop being stupid with the whole gambling thing, because its not going to happen.

You moan about skilling being rubbish money but you flood the market worse then my dragon claws 

b5f12c0e52d8e3c7acbdeedae9cdb2cb.png

When there’s not that many skilling methods to do, and I / others really enjoy skilling, what do you expect us to do? We have to do the same few things and it just ends up in having too much supply for little demand. Also, I never alted while doing any of these and a lot of the 20k came from purchasing undercut prices on ge and reselling them over time. Read my suggestion below about auto sell prices to prevent undercutting.

3 hours ago, NubonmyPC said:

We need more money skilling!

>add gambling 

in all fairness, that was an off-topic kinda suggestion. it's not going to happen and i also don't want that to stir this thread/topic away from what it was originally made for. skilling profit. there's way too many people camping on alts at divination, etc for example. legit some people got like 3-4 clients up. when theres a million divination charges in the game of course the prices are going to drop. there's legit not a real way to make decent money from skilling rn because nothing sells. literally a fix for that itself would do us wonders. everyone in my comments turned to drama and disagreement, not because they think i'm wrong. let's be honest. it's because they're all veterans with 60b banks who literally don't give 2 fucks about a new player and i dare someone to tell me i'm wrong. it's made up of hoarders and people who have a million alts doing the same skilling method on each client they have up.

Look. right after i made this post i came across this guy at home who made less than 50m from skilling in a day. he said most of that cash came from selling vote books. you don't think that's a problem? everyone is ignoring the facts and turning the attention to the fact a gambling suggestion was made, which had nothing to do with the problem made under this thread, so shouldn't have been included in the thread, but yeah.

julian.png.d854f18197eb4773cd1dbcd432a3d6a3.png

10hp loser.png

To be honest in that picture, it seems like a 'less-than-educated' individual who is new to the scene and hasn't been guided. The friends chat normally points all new people to >skilling< as an income (i.e. divine charges/mining/thieving/slayer etc.) If you really want to make the money, you have to pvm since this is the case and like you said skilling is over farmed. I would love an alternative that hasn't been suggested since those aren't the way to go. I've said it, undercutting is an issue. Aside from that nothing will fix people not buying your loads of items since there's simply not even enough people on the server to go through 20k divine charges... ever. If you only like skilling, then what is it that you're after, if not pvm gear, that costs so much? If you want rares and such, then earn them like most people - vote. Sell vote books, buy more rares, flip as you do.

My suggestion - gen store/g.e auto buy but non-monetary value? We get general store credit essentially and can buy stuff w that credit from the reworked store? Not sure what to add into it or anything, but just a thought.

I think blaming "the 1%" is kind of silly, that's like saying richer people in RS Maingame are turds because they were there before you and already have good gear. It's all a process to get to where they are I think. They hoard the items because they get lowballed pms for a measly 20m short of an already 50m discounted offer (no offense). Some people work for the items and want what they want for it. If you don't want to pay, find elsewhere or earn it yourself, simple as that. They don't want your extra items they don't need just because you can't sell them, nor are they obligated to and shouldn't be shamed for denying the offer. :/

edit: Also, 30 hours to make money is nothing starting off. We don't join the server to be end game instantly. There SHOULD be that progression to make lower tier gear have value. If I joined and already made a decent range setup in the first day, I'd say that's pretty good to start and make more money with? That's the whole purpose of adding the dexes to the loyalty shop. If you want to have good gear, it takes a little bit more than a couple hours to get it. There is no "get rich quick schemes" like gambling because you lose a sense of accomplishment/interest once you get what you want, or become toxic and never stop taking until you're a different person behind the monitor.

tldr oversaturated, need bigger item sink still  Well Idea Pt.2?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pog Dance 1
Spoiler

NubTamp.png.924c7b74dab70e77f2a6ef68e0f2e40b.png

christmasyelp.png.83aaa0b32d0a6c3271b4a33fac56bf43.png

FinishOnEm.png.0130e5eca73e61960820dc7a1be8eeb9.png

sterlington.png.068f23a82617bb30b97e78fa7c33c9ca.png

10hpspices.png.89105ca07e417efe74251ff9f51cd29d.png

SterAtMe.png.21c58956d834372faafbbaf03a74248b.png

ScytheSig.PNG.af04697501f899bcda57120eb72ee605.PNG

57 minutes ago, foxx said:

To be honest in that picture, it seems like a 'less-than-educated' individual who is new to the scene and hasn't been guided. The friends chat normally points all new people to >skilling< as an income (i.e. divine charges/mining/thieving/slayer etc.) If you really want to make the money, you have to pvm since this is the case and like you said skilling is over farmed. I would love an alternative that hasn't been suggested since those aren't the way to go. I've said it, undercutting is an issue. Aside from that nothing will fix people not buying your loads of items since there's simply not even enough people on the server to go through 20k divine charges... ever. If you only like skilling, then what is it that you're after, if not pvm gear, that costs so much? If you want rares and such, then earn them like most people - vote. Sell vote books, buy more rares, flip as you do.

My suggestion - gen store/g.e auto buy but non-monetary value? We get general store credit essentially and can buy stuff w that credit from the reworked store? Not sure what to add into it or anything, but just a thought.

I think blaming "the 1%" is kind of silly, that's like saying richer people in RS Maingame are turds because they were there before you and already have good gear. It's all a process to get to where they are I think. They hoard the items because they get lowballed pms for a measly 20m short of an already 50m discounted offer (no offense). Some people work for the items and want what they want for it. If you don't want to pay, find elsewhere or earn it yourself, simple as that. They don't want your extra items they don't need just because you can't sell them, nor are they obligated to and shouldn't be shamed for denying the offer. :/

edit: Also, 30 hours to make money is nothing starting off. We don't join the server to be end game instantly. There SHOULD be that progression to make lower tier gear have value. If I joined and already made a decent range setup in the first day, I'd say that's pretty good to start and make more money with? That's the whole purpose of adding the dexes to the loyalty shop. If you want to have good gear, it takes a little bit more than a couple hours to get it. There is no "get rich quick schemes" like gambling because you lose a sense of accomplishment/interest once you get what you want, or become toxic and never stop taking until you're a different person behind the monitor.

tldr oversaturated, need bigger item sink still  Well Idea Pt.2?

This. All of this 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Rn Nick said:

Bakri bolts in legit 2 weeks went from 60k per to 15k

I can explain this one pretty easy. 

As much as people disliked it, @Lush was the keeper of the bloodwood trees and kept the wilderness clear thus the price of them higher. Since his hiatus, the wilderness has been invaded by the skilling filth and the army of alts depleting all resources in there path, they need to be stopped. We need a hero, we need a lush. 

#WhereIsLush #NotAllHeroesWearCapes #LushWearsCapesButShh

Story may have been fictionalized to enhance readers experience. 

• Like 2
  • Kekw 6

chihuahua GIF

IQKhzk8.png

nHwMBll.gif

pie.png.ccadfd0c19ee34b88bc19ca315f57a58.png