Locked Ninja Log 02/11/2022

Sandstorm

• Founder

Player-Owned Houses (Construction)

• Added the 'Home Sweet Home' music track whilst inside houses;
  • Re-created the Tablet Making interfact and all of its components to now include all of the newest teleport tablets, proper creation action and tablet data depending on the lectern you have;
  • Going inside houses will now feel much smoother and quicker (no more interface flicker+loading fourth and back);
  • Disconnecting while inside a house will now correctly place you outside your own houses portal instead of force-move you to default respawn tile at home;

Valentines Event

• Added a very simple event for Valentines Day that will run up until 20th of February (excluded);
  • Talk to Wizard Deedit at home to find out the details and check out the rewards;

Miscellaneous

• Changed the minimum attack speed requirement for 2-handed weapons to have double-swings from 4 to 5 ticks (this makes the hexhunter bow no longer do 2 hits);
  • Preparations for the upcoming triple EXP event to activate automatically;
  • Moved some item drops around for Kalphite King. The change should hopefully increase perfect chitin rate and decrease drygore weaponry drop rates;

Fixes

• Magic cape spell-book switches now correctly require the codexes to switch;
  • You will no longer be able to enter Kuradal's Slayer cave if not assigned a task of an NPC that's actually in the cave by herself, Morvran or Laniakea. Also made sure new dwarf multi-cannon versions are not permitted inside either. Also also did some fixes towards attacking NPC's that aren't assigned to you;
  • (Un)equipping items will now save their real attributes (ie. partially filled god books);
  • You can now right-click modify house teleport tablets to insta-load into your house on use, or, get placed outside the portal;
  • Corrected the Treasure Trail Pirate's hat item ID for Clue scroll collection log purposes;
  • Failing a teleport block cast will now visually show the splash graphic and send the corresponding sound effect. If the target player is already teleblocked - it will always splash and will no longer renew the timer.

• Like 7
  • +1 1
  • Love 3
  • Pog Dance 4
  • Happy Bunny 1
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

I understand this was supposed to balance out the Hexhunter bow, but this really hurt the Upgraded Bone Blowpipe. It already has a fairly high chance to miss even though it's supposed to have t90 accuracy but it definitely splashes a whole lot more than a Nox bow. The double hit really helped it to balance that out, now it just feels like it's t70 instead of t87 and even t70 is a bit of a stretch. On top of that, it has a drastically lower range than most ranged weapons.

Last update, along with the poison fix; has really made the blowpipe finally shine, and it's really a shame to see it being so useless already :Sadface:

Other than that little bit, I think this is a great update! Looking forward to doing the Valentine's event, and maybe try making the new teletabs at home. Always appreciate your work, Sandstorm :Love:

• Like 2

I'm happy the HHB frenzy is finally over, i'm super sad the upgraded bone blowpipe got shafted in the process. It was fixed with the poison update, making it actually worth using. Now it's basically a melee ranged weapon worse than a karils xbow. 

Other than that, appreciate the work Sandstorm. 

• Like 2

I really wish the Bone Blowpipe wasn't destroyed by this update, it had a really good balance after your last update on it, its less accurate, shorter range, and less damage than most bows, but it had faster speed and poison to help make up for its downfalls. I really loved the unique style to it, and I'm sad that I can no longer use it.

I also think the HHB should've been nerfed, but maybe not to an unusable standpoint, but that's just me, it is a tier-80 bow and should definitely be treated as such.

Either way I'm really enjoying this server, so I do appreciate seeing work done it on. Looking forward to doing a ton of skilling and killing now though for the Valentine's event!

• Like 2

I think the change to HHB is a well-deserved nerf. It shouldn't be as good as it was for its relative ease to obtain. I do appreciate you monitoring the changes to combat and the meta as a result of the 2h buffs, so I'm thankful as hell for that. Great patch, Sandy

To do what I've preached.

Founding member of Bandits

Very nice, me likey!

Spoiler

MY GUIDES:

How to get to the Travelling Merchant
How to get to the Travelling Merchant - Topic 3269

Chompy Birds Guide
Chompy Birds Guide - Topic 3278

Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments
Where to hand in Chronicle Fragments - Topic 3597

How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly)
How to make Bullseye Lantern (Ironman Friendly) - Topic 3617

Giant Mimic Boss - D&D
Giant Mimic Boss D&D - Topic 3684

Player Owned Ports Guide
Player Owned Ports Guide - Topic 3720

Bork Boss - D&D
Bork Boss D&D - Topic 3785

How to get to the Lost Grove - Slayer Creatures
How to get to the Lost Grove & the Slayer Creatures - Topic 3800

Raptor Key & Chest - Raptor Monsters
Raptor Key, Chest & Raptor Monsters - Topic 3806

Ancient Invention Guide/Overview