Locked Staff & Server Feedback - June 2021

Sandstorm

• Founder

Hello Velheimers!

It's that time of the month again! Post your thoughts about the current staff team and server updates in the reply section down below. There'll also be a format you can copy paste!

As a small incentive - the 3 members with most constructive/detailed replies will win 5 x Bonds in-game. We will not be choosing replies with only positive feedback as we'd like to see where and how we need to improve!

This month's feedback thread will end on the 1st date of next month. Chosen winners will get announced here, and rewarded privately by me. This thread closes automatically by the system!

Format (simply copy and paste this format into the reply box below):

Spoiler

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives:
Negatives:

@Arcadiez

Positives:
Negatives:

@Dynasty

Positives:
Negatives:

@Nhs

Positives:
Negatives:

@Yggdrasil

Positives:
Negatives:

@Hackedbutnp (Gimbutnp)

Positives:
Negatives:

@Iron Tyrone

Positives:
Negatives:

@Kim

Positives:
Negatives:

Server

Changes I liked:

Changes I disliked:

Changes I'd like to see:

Note: You do not have to comment on a staff member if you don't want to or have not seen or interacted with them on Velheim yet. Same goes for the server - if there's nothing you'd like to input on the said point then simply skip it.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
Spoiler

qqHQr41.gif

Staff:

As most of the staff I don't really, care to mention as I believe they just do their job & what's asked of them, so they're a-okay in my book, however I will like to highlight some individuals, I will also extend my critique of @Sandstorm to be reflected in the Server section as, well, he runs the server so it's a direct critique of him. 

@Nhs

Positives: Honestly the biggest boon to staff I've seen in a hot minute, the complete transparency I've gotten off them is amazing & consistency in their performance is 10/10
Negatives: none, not a single thing

@Dynasty
Positives: Has put aside their "ego" (harsh word) & apologized on behalf of the staff team after a helper muted me for "staff disrespect", so A+ in that regard
Negatives: Honestly I've never really noticed anything negative with Dynasty as we're usually never on at the same time

@Hackedbutnp

Positives: None, I can't really say anything positive about this person.
Negatives: They lack maturity & believe that "if you don't like it, quit" is a good argument for people critiquing the game, furthermore numerous times when proven wrong they adamantly stood their ground, rather than admit they're wrong just acted extremely immaturely & set a poor example of the staff team & how to act as a player.

Server:
Changes I liked:

• Invention perks being fixed & adjusted based on actual feedback is a nice thing to know
  • Allowing "public" access to beta, beta no longer being a random thing that's offered at some point & allowing people to come & go has been a massive plus
  • NPC's having RS3 combat system (although it can be fine tuned, but it's a really good start)
  • ECB having a spec 

Changes I disliked:

• Fucking ninja updates without it being conveyed or logged anywhere, I'm sorry but this is the biggest gripe I have with the update logs at the moment, everything is logged at the end of the month / major release rather than, logging it when it's implemented (see Precise / Aftershock being fixed, it was over 2 weeks of it being live before it was logged in the latest patch) 
  • I will mention that removing the ECB was weird given ED3 isn't out, however the fact ED3 was pushed back because of the event & DDOS stuff is acceptable, so take this one with a grain of salt

Changes I'd like to see:

• More transparency with updates, maybe a weekly ninja log / weekly run-down of what's being changed next week
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So i'd like to start out by saying i've straight up had 0 issues with any staff members during my time playing, this may come across as kissing ass or whatever but it's the truth. 

For this reason i'll be highlighting my "favourite" staff members and why!

@Iron Tyrone He's basically my go to guy for everything if he's online, not a bad word to say about the guy. Probably the person i've spoken to the most on here and is more than willing to help wherever possible - Just a fucking top tier lad. 

@Yggdrasil Papa Ygg is just so damn nice, Want a conversation? PM him! Need some help? PM him! - Always down for a laugh and a bit of banter, keeps everything pretty damn light hearted but can be a big scary meanie when he needs to be.

@Kim Haven't had many conversations but always seems to be answering questions from new players and older players in the help chat at all times when they're online, never getting into any conflict in the fc, top tier helper!

@Dynasty I'd buy him a beer in the pub. Knows his way around the game, loves a laugh but wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of this guy, he's basically the hard ass of the staff team if you're doing something wrong then Papa Dyn is gonna beat yo' ass. 

@Sandstorm Spoken to him a handful of times on discord, even when he's super busy will take time out of his day to message you back even with the silliest of stuff. Nice bloke.

Nhs/Arcadiez aren't on this list only due to the fact that i've not had much interaction with them and I don't feel it would be fair to give them my judgement, both seem like top notch lads and are always helping in the FC!

Server stuff I like! - The constant updates? Like hello? How many other RSPS are being constantly updated by a god damn 1 man coding team, it's incredible the amount of time and effort that go into the updates to this server, i've been playing RSPS for about 8 years now and i've yet to find an RSPS that is this polished, yes some things are broken but it's a massive game and to get this amount of content working deserves recognition!

Things I don't like! - Things being pushed under the radar without allowing player feedback, that stuff never really sits well with me but as one of the newer players to the server I can say i've only really heard of it happening i've not witnessed it myself.

I'm currently at 345 hours played and i've loved every minute of it! 

Shout out to Supremez for being a top notch lad as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

@Sandstorm I haven't spoken to you much, but I have seen your messages in-game, discord and via forum replies and likes.
Positives:

- Friendly and Sophisticated

- Sticks to his word

- Doesn't argue something when not needed

- Don't see any issues regarding him

- Best coder I've seen, not exaggerating

Negatives:

- Hydrix Rank without $2500 donated :/

@Arcadiez Like Sandstorm, I haven't spoken to you much, but you have replied to me a few times when I have asked you some questions, regarding some issues, and you replied very kindly and quickly.

Positives: 

- Friendly and Sophisticated
- Quick responder
- Quick to keep toxic people in line

Negatives:

- Types too fast

@Dynasty Unlike the above two staff members, Dynasty is a tad different. He seems to come up with the whackiest responses in the friends chat, yet still figures out how to help the person and that's a unique and likeable characteristic.

Positives:

- Good vibes
- Community engaged

Negatives:

- Outfit needs a change

@Nhs I've spoken to Nhs every now and then and every time I have, he's been nothing but nice to me and others around him, and that is a very mature feature.

Positives:

- Dedicated
- Community engaged
- Good vibes

Negatives:

- " >:c "

@Yggdrasil Every time I see Yggdrasil speak, he's either helping someone or having a good laugh and that's perfect for a Moderator in my opinion.

Positives:

- Greets all new members
- Isn't afraid to show moderation to toxicity

Negatives:

- "Yhh"drasil

@Gimbutnp Ah, the fellow Aussietralian! Gimbutnp has been nothing but friendly and helpful towards everyone I've seen, while keeping a good laugh going.

Positives:

- Isn't afraid to say his opinion
- Shows moderation to toxicity fairly quickly

Negatives:

- Could be closer

@Iron Tyrone I have seen nothing but kindness and friendly banter from Iron Tyrone, even when issues arise in the friends chat.

Positives:

- Quick to deal with issues
- Helps to the last second

Negatives:

- Hasn't prestiged 500 times

@Kim I haven't really spoken much to Kim, but I have seen nothing but friendliness, brilliant guide making and tips and tricks given to new players around her!

Positives:

- Great at making starter guides
- Helps out new players
- Likes same anime

Negatives:

- Doesn't watch favourite anime

THE SERVER: 

Changes I liked - All.

Changes I disliked - None.

Changes I would like to see - Minigame achievements and titles, Ironman Shop Restocks, change Items on Death values (Example; A Swordfish protects over a Black D'hide Body) (Example; Mage Bank, Fishing Guild, Mage of Zamorak, etc.) Wilderness fixes (aka; Fishing Spots, KBD lair rock), Loyalty Points be halved from what they are now, when you're idle and not MOVING and/or DOING AN ACTIVITY for over 10 minutes, since people can just set up an autoclicker and be active.

||||||

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

:hydrix: First to Full Profound Decorative Set :hydrix:

profound decorative.png

Staff Members

I'm just going to preface this by saying that I am still really a new player, getting used to the game as this is my first rsps and I haven't played rs3 in a good few years properly. Some things I haven't got to experience yet regarding staff, but I'll mention those in each. Overall, doubt it's going to be super detailed, but I'm just here to give my 2 cents.

@Sandstorm Haven't had much reason to speak with Sand personally as I've not really had any problems with my account, so I guess that's a good thing!

Positives:

• Very hard working, from my experience being a Lead Game Master and running my own game server (not RS) for a while, I know there's a shit ton of work goes into getting these things up and then usually even more work keeping them up and running as soon as possible.
  • Has dealt with the DDoS (from where I'm standing) as well as possible, tried multiple things and it seems like he's properly looking into where the backdoors are and how to close them.
  • Takes suggestions. That, in itself, is a rare and wonderful thing on P Servers in general. While not all of them are implemented, good reasons are usually given as to why not. Also included in this is not implementing game breaking suggestions, things to make life stupidly easy, etc.
  • Responds to players - he's not got the god-complex of some owners that refuse to talk to your everyday player and that's a refreshing change.

Negatives:

• Can be a little bit too happy with the Sarcasm Cannon™ but nine times out of ten, it's warranted with dumb people whining at him when he's busy.

@Arcadiez Overall not too much to say as I've not had that much contact.

Positives:

• Seems helpful enough.

Negatives:

• Kind of forgettable. (Sorry bud, we just don't seem to be around at the same times of day.)

@Dynasty Not had much in the way of talking to them personally, but from what I've seen in FC.

Positives:

• Helpful, always willing to answer questions from new or old players.
  • Down for a laugh and doesn't take things too seriously all the time
  • Willing to enforce rules when the need arises

Negatives:

• Can be a little elitist and not so noob-friendly.
  • Likes feet way too much.

@Nhs If I was forced to pick a personal favourite admin, it would have to be Nhs. ♥

Positives:

• Professional without being stuck up at all.
  • Always ready to help in FC and answer questions
  • Took my report of hate speech seriously and got back to me with how the player responsible had been dealt with, which is so, so pleasant and heart-warming for me.
  • Hasn't let the promo go to their head.

Negatives:

• Increases chance of catching Covid.
  • Hogs a ton of RNG.

@Yggdrasil Sort of accidentally fallen into rankings but would be my second favourite.

Positives:

• Very approachable and kind
  • Happy to help answer all sorts of questions
  • Pretty chatty with people in FC, feels like one of us, very approachable.

Negatives:

• Can be a little... wooden ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Hackedbutnp (Gimbutnp) Only based on a little I've seen in FC, haven't spoken personally.

Positives:

• Knows their shit
  • Answers most things correctly

Negatives:

• Can be a little elitist
  • A little curt and sometimes rude

@Iron Tyrone Again, haven't really chatted personally but some in FC.

Positives:

• Definitely very knowledgeable about the game
  • Very willing to help
  • Fast and accurate in his answers

Negatives:

• Is an ironman >.>

@Kim Chatted a little in FC, not much outside.

Positives:

• Possibly the most positive among the whole staff
  • Always fast and accurate in answers
  • Willing to help old and new alike
  • Gives new players a warm welcome
  • Knows the Classic grind is real

Negatives:

• Holds a lot of hatred for Bork.

Server

Changes I liked:
Prayer icon and description changes. - The interface looks so much better and is less confusing than before.

RS3 hitsplats - childish I know, but it feels more epic

Rare drop SoF - delicious

Eating while stunned - was actually a big wtf when I found I could do it. Good to see fixes of things that are too OP.

Changes I disliked:

Ninja taking away the no bowstring on the Master Fletcher perk because it really sped up levelling, but I see why too.

Changes I'd like to see:

Personally I only have small, literally inconsequential things at the moment:
Looms in Burthorpe don't work.
Milk churn in Falador farm doesn't work.
Can't wear Milestone capes without having Invention, even for level milestones before Invention can be unlocked (10-70)

One big QoL: Please make it a no burn zone in DZ like Home and stop people spamming fires. -.-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

kashasig.png

@Sandstorm

pros - made the server innit

cons - made the server innit

@Arcadiez

pros - sounds cute

cons - wears socks

@Dynasty

pros - inspires the peasants to think bigger than themselves

cons - not sure if russian spy

@Nhs

pros - best thing to ever happen to the UK

cons - waiting times for appointments can be too long

@Yggdrasil

pros - wears cute outfits @home 

cons - doesn't wear them for me :(

@Gimbutnp

pros - best person ever in the world

cons - threatened me to say that

@Iron Tyrone

pros - repping the ironman legacy

cons - is better at ironman than me

@Kim

pros - very talkative 

cons - very talkative

SERVER

I'm an UIM so obviously this entire experience has been torture

• Like 2

Staff Members

@Sandstorm 

Positives: He's a hardworking guy, specially during these dumb ddos. He see's the server as a passion project rather than a business and i sincerely respect that, hands down an amazing dev. He's always in touch with the community, open to feedback and he's very active, even goes as far as answering questions in the help chat whenever he spots them.

Negatives: At this moment i do not have any negative review about him, it'll take a bit more time to get to know him better.

@Arcadiez

Positives: Very chill Admin, although he takes his role very seriously. Always up to take a laugh with people in the Friends chat, kind hearted and very helpful. Also, has made quite a few Helpful and in-depth guides in these forums, you don't see this kind of quality too often out there.

Negatives: No negative reviews, this guy is simply one of the best assets of the team.

@Dynasty

Positives: Helpful, and willing to do whatever it takes for the wellbeing of the server, as seen during these rough days of ddosing. Has his feet on the ground and is the reason why the "staff luck" meme exists. Other than that, he is pretty fun to be around.

Negatives: Doesn't do Invention, nor Invention does him Kekw.

@Nhs

Positives: Pretty active, always keeping an eye out on the chat and the game overall, fun and chill guy at the same time. He take his role very seriously and won't take any shits from anyone, period.

Negatives: No negative reciews, he knows what he's doing.

@Yggdrasil

Positives: Very active when he's online, answers questions when he can and punish the wrongdoers on sight. From my experience, he's very chill unless you get to his nerves for whatever reason, but he can be approached in a civil way. Overall he's doing his role the way it is meant to be.

Negatives: Punishes first, ask questions while punishing lol. (Maybe give a lil' warning beforehand :P )

@Hackedbutnp (Gimbutnp)

Positives: I see him answering questions whenever he can... that's all i can think of right now, i've yet to meet him further.

Negatives: He can be a bit rude sometimes towards people talking smack of updates, but it's nothing he can't fix with some effort :)

@Iron Tyrone

Positives: Chill and laidback in a good way, Always helping everyone and giving new users a great experience. One of the fastests fingers in the team lul.

Negatives: Missed his chance to be named Yrone :/

@Kim

Positives: Kim is kindhearted, very active in the chat and knows a ton of stuff, don't see him joking around too often but that's really not a bad thing, if anything it proves he is taking his role seriously as a helper. 10/10 overall

Negatives: No negative reviews, he's doing his job as intended and i wouldn't be surprised him ranking up some day.

Server

Changes I liked: Spins on the RDT, New Hitsplats, Being able to move bank tabs, the addition of ALL the revenant pets.

Changes I disliked: Not being able to teleport to the abyss while tb'd (i'm not sure if that's how it works), Autocompost from leprechauns (This option doesn't seem to work correctly, for example, if my crops die and i clear the patch it wont autocompost. Also, it seems to give less yield than composting the patch yourself), not being able to eat consumables while stunned (More than 1 person will get stacked out easily in some areas)

Changes I'd like to see: Perfect plus potion, Working Harmony moss pilars and seeds, A working Voice of seren (and hopefully all prifddinas soundtracks), Allow us to remove Warnings from the Doomsayer in Lumbridge since the start (some msgs are really anoying and just slow you down), Infernal urns (Can't craft them aparently), Seren Spells and prayers, More rewards added to the Shooting Star D&D (Add the buff from rs3 pls), Add the Analyse spell and move it along the disassemble spell to the first 2 slots of the Spellbook (after home tele), More crystal tools ( Knife, Tinderbox, Hammer, Chisel, Etc), Ancient summoning and Nihils.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Staff Members

@Sandstorm

Positives:
Hanging in there..
Negatives:
Noticeably Stressed af.

@Arcadiez

Positives: -
Negatives: -

@Dynasty

@Nhs

Positives:
Holds crown with dignity.

@Yggdrasil

Positives:
Hey
Negatives:
Hey

@Hackedbutnp (Gimbutnp)

Positives:
Doing a great job.
Negatives:
Got put into a bad situation community wise that someone higher up the staff chain should have dealt with rather than him. As such, this is not a negative for him as much as for the staff team - just was relevant to put it under him.

@Iron Tyrone

@Kim

Server

Changes I liked:
Staff changes have been all been very satisfactory. I currently feel that every member of the staff team is where they should be...
Other than Sand, who should be on vacation someplace warm with a mojito in hand.

Changes I disliked:

The "Disable Right Click"; it's quite annoying for me. I don't know what was actually being leeched from the forums, and don't need to. I'm just putting this here to say that my user experience has declined since its implementation. Whether it has to stay or not isn't consequential.

Changes I'd like to see:
I'd like a pretty decent survey put out about KOTS to see what everyone thought of it towards the end. It's a very difficult time for the server due to the harassment we've received, but I'm hoping players that did and did not participate will be able to provide feedback.
Obviously it will be nice when suggestions gets cleared out further. I understand why it was necessary to close(if it was for stress/total work reasons). We still have both the #suggestions discord and now the forums pretty packed with suggestions.
Velheim's original quest released sometime next week :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

zmPWMz7.gif

e989eba85b6c1ed042c2978d24d068f1.png
mWjTLIp.png

86e22ec2f3611dd31646f39226949cf2.png

javaw-k-AKNm-ERCg-Q.png

• Sandstorm unpinned and unfeatured this topic